Fight matrix for SYPT 2017
Category A (21 Jan 17)
Category B (14 Jan 17)
SYPT 2017 Briefing
Please register for the briefing via this link tinyurl.com/2017-SYPT-briefing latest by 3 Aug 2016.
Both teachers and students are welcome to attend this briefing. The briefing will give a quick overview of the competition format while the main focus is for Dr Yeo Ye to explain the 17 problems in the 2016 IYPT/SYPT list. Problems from the 2016 SYPT/IYPT list will also be presented by students from the 2016 Singapore IYPT team.
- Conducted by: NUSH (hosting school for SYPT 2017) and Dr Yeo Ye (NUS, IYPT IOC member)
- Date: 5 Aug 2017 (Fri)
- Time: 2.30-6pm
- Venue: NUS, Science Faculty, LT 26
We will be conducting a SYPT workshop cum IYPT lab tour
Date: 3rd September 2016 (Sat)
Time: 9 am to 3 pm
Venue: Raffles Institution
The workshop will cover tracker software, python programming, physics modelling, errors bars and scientific method.
Both teachers and students are welcome to attend this workshop.
Attendance is encouraged but not compulsory.
Please register here if you are coming for the workshop.
Shortlisting for SYPT 2017
Please register for the shortlisting via think link: http://tinyurl.com/sypt17register latest by 24 Oct 2016.
- Dates: Cat B – 12 Nov 2016 (Sat), Cat A – 19 Nov 2016 (Sat)
- Time: 8am-6pm (Schedule for each school will be given after the registration is closed)
- Venue: NUSH (Exact venue will be given after the registration is closed)
- Teams will do a 10 minutes oral presentation to a panel of jurors on the selection question (83%), followed 2 minutes discussion on the progress of any 2 SYPT problems in the registered Category (17%).
- Click here for scoring guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Shortlisting Presentation
- – The jurors sitting on the shortlisting panels will consist only of independent jurors. School jurors will be involved only for the SYPT Final in Jan 2016.
- – Teams are to bring their own laptops (and spares if necessary) and apparatus (if necessary).
- – Each team must consist of 3 students and 2 teachers. However, it is not compulsory for all 3 members of the team to be present during the shortlisting.
- Teachers may be in more than 1 team but not students.
- – Foreigners may participate in SYPT, although only Singaporeans and PR will be selected for IYPT.
- – There is no registration fee.
- Each participants and teachers will receive a SYPT T-shirt.
- Teacher may sit in and observe the shortlisting but may not communicate with the students in any way.